MVF: Tips for getting ahead in your job search over Christmas
As the year draws to a close and we start to think about the upcoming Christmas break, securing a job may be the last thing on your mind. Whilst it’s important to relax and recharge, the festive holiday can also be a key time when it comes to applications. Jessica Button, a Senior Resourcer at MVF, a digital marketing company based in London, has shared some of her key tips on how to make the most of your time away from school or university.
- Ensure that you update with your CV with your academics and relevant experience – if you’re interested in different industries, have a different CV for each one.
- Make sure you know any key application deadlines – many large schemes will have pretty rigid dates for CV submissions and interviews. Don’t miss out!
- Look into internships or placements that you could complete over Easter or the Summer – most schools and universities will have partnerships in place but if you aren’t sure, check with your career advisor or tutor.
- Brush up on your interview technique – a lot of candidates will post their interview questions on companies’ Glassdoor profiles. This is very useful when you’re thinking about how to prepare.
- Make sure you have LinkedIn! LinkedIn is a free professional networking site, that can be vital when it comes to your job search. Ensure that you regularly update your profile with relevant experience and follow companies you may be interested in joining. There is also a job search section.
- Research events you could attend in the New Year – many businesses will be on campus to talk about their application processes and why you should join them. Check out Eventbrite and your school/university events page.
MVF recently held an Insight Day with MyKindaFuture – 16 students and graduates were able to find out more about life at MVF and roles that we’re currently hiring for! If you’re interested in digital marketing or sales, check out our live vacancies below: