Do you want to introduce the Bright People to the Right People?
Become a Bright Futures Committee Member!
We want Bright Futures' Societies to be the most inclusive and diverse society on campus, making a real difference to student’s employability and promoting a fairer playing field in the business world. Can you help us make this happen? Join your university Bright Futures' Committee and get involved in:
- Exclusive training and networking at our Annual Committee Training Conference
- Introductions to top employers like Civil Service and Deloitte and support in developing these relationships and building your network.
- Expansion of skills in communication, commercial awareness, digital platforms and leadership
- Marketing and social media training
- Opportunities to get more involved in campus life within your university
- Be a part of our private Facebook groups where you will find important updates from our team and also stay connected with the other committee members
- An outstanding experience to put on your CV and job applications
- To be put ahead of the game in the competitive graduate market
- An exclusive invitation to the Annual Bright Futures Awards Ceremony
- Eligibility for your Society, or you as a committee member, to be nominated any of our nine Awards
How it works
Each Bright Futures Society is made up of a team of student leaders who work together to plan, organise and run events - the Committee. You will raise the profile of the society amongst students across all faculties, year groups and interests.
There are a range of roles available in each society:
Hear from the President of the Year about what she learnt in the role:
“I have learnt everything from cultural awareness, managing people to professional communication. Also learning to become a really organised and responsive individual. Overall although it was not always easy, I’ve learnt to come stronger and develop as a person which makes 2017/18 Bright Futures a great experience and journey.”
Lucy Baah-Danso, Leicester Bright Futures President & winner of the President of the Year Award 2017/18