Looking to talk to inspirational women in business?
Join here at 11.30: http://bit.ly/2mX54ct
On the 8th March, we are bringing together female employers from a range of industries into MyKindaFuture's Digital Chat Room. You will get the opportunity to chat online to receive great advice, hints and tips about their recruitment processes, career paths, working life, company culture and their advice for women applying for roles in their companies. For the morning session we will be joined by representatives from Lloyds Banking Group, BP, Virgin Media and Oracle!
You can join the event live here: https://meetandengage.com/r2t6t2h8r This session is running from 11.30 - 12.30
On March 8th MyKindaFuture is celebrating International Women’s Day by offering you the opportunity to speak to successful women from a range of industries. You can ask questions about career paths, working life, company culture and their advice for women applying for roles in their companies.
We will be running two digital Q&A sessions at 11:30am and 2:30pm with different companies partaking in each. Click here for more information on the 2.30pm event.
This is a great opportunity to speak to inspirational women in business and get advice, hints and tips about their recruitment processes and finding out how you can stand out whilst applying for roles.
So how does it work?
Don't worry - you won't be on video! The event is an online chat where students and employers talk in a chatroom style application. This means you can take part whilst having some lunch in the canteen, revising in the library or just relaxing on your sofa at home! Everyone will see your first name only so you don't have to worry about any job applications or CV's being affected by what you ask.
1. Register on this page and we will email you with your invitation to log into the event.
2. In the meantime, have a look online at the companies taking part so you can prepare some questions.
3. Just before 11.30am log in with the link which was sent to you via email.
4. Log in to the portal and you will see other attendees and company representatives starting to talk. From here, you can type in your questions to the companies and see their responses come up. You might also have some new questions after you see what other students have been asking!
But what would I say?!
You can be as specific or as broad as you like with your questions. you might have a question for a particular employer or want to find out more about their general work environments.
Some questions which are good to start would be:
- What advice do you have for young women entering the workplace?
- How did you reach your current position?
- What challenges have you faced in your career? How did you overcome these?
- What challenges do you think women in general face in the workplace? What advice do you have to overcome this?
- Is there one stereotype about being a working woman you’d like to dispel?
- What do you struggle with now?
- Do you think women feel intimidated in business?
- What have you learned about leadership, entrepreneurship and other vital skills?
Got a question about this event?
Choose someone from below and ask them for help.
You can ask anything you like because all a mentor sees is your first name.