At multiple locations across England, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales: free Skills for Work BT Boot Camp site visits to support low to middle achievers to develop skills for work, with activities, employer content and completion of a handbook so they may continue their development after the event.
BT Boot Camps support low- to middle-achievers, those with low confidence and low aspirations, as well as those at risk of becoming NEET. Students will participate in activities to develop skills for work, and will be supported by the employer to complete a handbook that can be used to continue their development after the event. Hosted at BT, the sessions are delivered in collaboration between our expert tutors and key staff from BT.
- 6-8 BT volunteers will support students
- Practice interview with BT volunteers
- Careers coaching for students
WHEN and WHERE?
There are select dates available across Autumn, Spring and Summer terms 2018/19. Please get in touch for date information for your chosen location.
- London (Central/Brentwood/Sevenoaks)
Schools will be prioritised on an in most need basis, as well as first come first served.
WHAT ARE THE TYPICAL ACTIVITIES MY STUDENTS WILL BE INVOLVED IN?
- Product challenge: an example of an assessment exercise
- Goal setting: your long & short-term goals
- First impressions count: how to impress in an interview
- Q & A - This will be your chance to ask BT volunteers any questions you may have about their role at BT, their background, their past/present/future career path and anything you would like to know about jobs and opportunities available at BT
- Tour of the building
- Social media: ‘keep it professional’ activity
- How to match your skills to a job description
- Your values, interests and skills and how to present them in your CV
- Introduction & icebreaker
Got a question about this event?
Choose someone from below and ask them for help.
You can ask anything you like because all a mentor sees is your first name.