Advice from Deloitte people: Application & Assessment
From application to assessment, bagging your dream job isn’t easy, but it also shouldn’t be a daunting experience. It’s a new challenge and an opportunity to show recruiters what you have to offer. If you have an assessment day coming up, don’t worry - read advice from people who have gone through it, and made a success of it.
Matt, Analyst, Consulting
- With the online application, take time to complete the initial application and ensure that your responses to competency specific questions describe the tasks you undertook and how you delivered value.
- Ensure that your CV is up to date and includes all experience no matter how necessary you think it is to the role you are applying for.
- Prepare for Psychometric tests by completing practice examples to understand the format and process before doing it for real. Find a quiet setting where you’ll be able to give full attention.
- When preparing for Assessment Centre, browse the Deloitte recruitment website to become familiar with the type of industries Deloitte play a role in, along with the type of work we deliver to our clients.
- Don't be afraid of asking questions on tasks you don't understand.
Madhura, Senior Consultant, Risk Advisory
- The interviews were definitely the most challenging part of the process for me, I was very worried about the questions I would be asked! I prepared by doing practice interviews with my family, which helped greatly.
- My advice to anyone applying is to be confident during your interviews and tell the truth about your experiences. It’s so important to be honest and be yourself, as it allows the managers and partners to see who you are as a person.
Will, Analyst, Consulting
- When completing assessment days, try and relax as much as possible. Speak slowly and clearly, ensuring you be yourself and let your personality be displayed!
- Research the firm and utilise some of these facts when completing the application process to show you have an interest in joining.
- Dress smart. You will feel more confident and also more professional, which will show in your body language.
Good luck with the application process. Apply to our schemes now by clicking here!