TCS Virtual Work Experience: Digital Explorers 2020
This year, we turned a usually country wide series of three face to face events for Tata Consultancy Services, into a digital event hosted via Connectr with tech based modules, resources and virtual Q&A panels.
With a target of engaging with and awarding 300 students professional accreditation by Industrial Cadets, they were delighted with the following results.
- Facilitation of 6000 mentor/mentee interactions.
- Generated 100,000 views on the Connectr engagement platform throughout the week.
- Attract 51% female students to participate in activities for an industry that is typically 25% female.
- Sign up 475 students for the opportunity.
- Pre-board 340 students onto the Connectr platform.
- Have 400+ students logged in at least once throughout the week.
- Award 303 students certificates for completing 60% of the work experience tools and resources.
Camilla Carslund, Corporate Sustainability Manager,
‘Together with MyKindaFuture we are extremely pleased with the success of shifting the CSR flagship programme Digital Explorers virtually. With many students missing out on work experience this year, we are proud to be able to continue offering thousands of students across the UK the opportunity to gain a valuable insight into the world of work. Thank you to everyone involved who helped with making this first virtual experience a great success.’
Guest speaker Muhammad Megjhi said: ‘I was blown away by the organisation, depth and variation in structure of the entire week. This user/customer focused approach is paramount in the digital age we live in. For students to gain the type of (work) experience and (be able to) immerse themselves in a real world like environment is priceless in my opinion.’