Thales UK: Delivering industry-leading virtual work experience programmes
In the pivot to digital, Thales wanted to deliver a meaningful and seamless virtual work experience programme that engaged and informed students’ future career. Partnering with MyKindaFuture for the third year running, Thales wanted to maximise their work experience opportunities by increasing future applications from known candidates, and attract more female candidates in a male-dominated industry.
Having used MyKindaFuture’s engagement platform, Connectr, previously for virtual induction and event opportunities, Thales wanted to leverage Connectr to deliver an outstanding work experience programme in less than 8 weeks.
Outstanding virtual work experience
- 3 x virtual work experience days delivered through Connectr, reaching over 50 young people including those outside of the initial target geographical area.
- Students were provided with an ‘always-on’ blend of engaging learning content, videos, quizzes and live sessions with inspirational guest speakers.
- Thales Ambassadors were trained by MyKindaFuture to support and advise students on daily projects and review their work.
- Student engagement rates with tasks and Ambassadors were tracked throughout, plus weekly check-ins to track progress of content development, preboarding engagement and Ambassador training.
- 14.6k+ views on the Connectr platform across an 11-day period
- 42 students took part
- 4.62 / 5 average task rating
- 97% average task completion rate
- 13 live digital events delivered
- 785 messages sent between students and Ambassadors
- 429 quiz part answers
- 38% female attendees
“Working with MyKindaFuture on our virtual work experience programme was a seamless process from start to finish. I had not developed an activity like this before for a virtual audience and was apprehensive to start with but Sam and Rameen gave me excellent support and guidance from the start. The team at MyKindaFuture are incredible and without their creativity and innovation I am sure the programme would not have been as successful as it was”. – Charlene Simms, STEM Education and Outreach Manager, Thales UK
If you want to find out how we can support your organisation to deliver an outstanding work experience programme, chat to us.